Tuesday, July 23, 2013

2 of my fave NOTDs from lately

Before I went on my June holidays I was faced with the usual dilemma "what shall I do with my nails?!". Usually if I'm away for longer than a week I will bring products to do a new manicure while away.
This time though I knew I probably would have not wanted to spend time doing that but rather relaxing(or attempting to) and being with my friends. So I had to come up with an idea that would not bore me after a few days, and this is what my creativity gave birth to:

blue green turquoise emerald gradient ombre nails kikocosmetics  #385 & 17 cosmetics Catwalk Couture. modelsown Indian Ocean.  kikocosmetics 298.  essence cool breeze special effect topper 17 cosmetics double gloss topcoat #nailidea #nailideas  #nails #notd #nailart #irishbbloggers #bblogers #nailinspiration #seanails #gradientnails #ombre #gradient #ibbloggers #blue #turquoise #summer #summernails #albinism #instadaily

As a background canvas colour I used Colour Club "French tip", then with a cosmetic sponge I created the ombre effect using KIKO n. 385 and 17 Cosmetics "Catwalk Couture"(which I believe has been discontinued unfortunately). I often get asked how I get my gradient nail designs so vibrant, and my main secret is to sponge the design on a couple of times, let it dry and then repeat the process 2 or 3 more times. Also as you practice, you will find what orientation you prefer on your nails, personally I like to see the darker colour  near the cuticles and the light towards the tip.
I let the ombre dry and then went for a bit of effects madness and here is a break down of them:

blue green turquoise emerald gradient ombre nails kikocosmetics  #385 & 17 cosmetics Catwalk Couture. modelsown Indian Ocean.  kikocosmetics 298.  essence cool breeze special effect topper 17 cosmetics double gloss topcoat #nailidea #nailideas  #nails #notd #nailart #irishbbloggers #bblogers #nailinspiration #seanails #gradientnails #ombre #gradient #ibbloggers #blue #turquoise #summer ##summernails #albinism #instadaily
Little finger & thumb: Models Own "Indian Ocean". Ring finger: Essence "Cool Breeze" special effect topper
blue green turquoise emerald gradient ombre nails kikocosmetics  #385 & 17 cosmetics Catwalk Couture. modelsown Indian Ocean.  kikocosmetics 298.  essence cool breeze  special effect topper 17 cosmetics double gloss topcoat #nailidea #nailideas  #nails #notd #nailart #irishbbloggers #bblogers #nailinspiration #seanails #gradientnails #ombre #gradient #ibbloggers #blue #turquoise #summer ##summernails #albinism #instadaily
Little finger: Models Own "Indian Ocean".  thumb: Kiko cosmetics n. 298. middle finger: Essence "Cool Breeze" special effect topper.

I used 17 Cosmetics double gloss topcoat for everything to pop even more and last for the whole 3 weeks.

This, instead, is my current manicure, 2 polishes from the KIKO "Sugar Mat nail lacquer" collection : n. 641 "Strawberry Pink" and n. 643 " Spring Green". This was just one coat on most fingers and it dries very quickly to a sugar texture like many we have seen lately; the added effect though is given by tiny particles of gold pigment that look particularly vibrant in the sun light.

in direct sun light 
in artificial light, without flash.

I have to say on this surprisingly (as of lately) dark and dull day I really needed to see this explosion of colours! Rainbow Brite mood all round.....then again when am I NOT in a Rainbow Brite mood?!

Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment