Monday, June 28, 2010

No 7 Colour Calming Make Up base review



Firstly I want to say Thank You to all those who are sending feedback about the blog and videos: THANK YOU!!!!
Secondly... guys don't be scared to leave PUBLIC comments! I have now had about 30 people(friends excluded) contacting me to thank me and request reviews/tutorials... However they were all done privately. Seriously, don't be scared! (and it also makes me look kind of daft. I mean, people passing by the blog/YouTube channel will be thinking "Why the hell does she keep on doing this if nobody cares?!").

Anyhow! Let's get to the review.....
We all have to leave with skin imperfections and most of us try to cover them to achieve that perfectly air brushed finish we all dream of. This is particularly hard for very fair skinned people, because our skin will blush at the drop of a hat and there's NO disguising it unless we tarmac our face with layers of concelear, foundation and powder.
I personally find the redness getting VERY bad in winter and summer. In winter because the constant going outdoors and then back in REALLY stresses the skin, especially with the big temperature change; plus let's not forget that cold wind on our cheeks that makes us look like clowns on the loose. In the summer it's of course the body over heating, sweating and...making us turn red.
So here come in green concelears or green moisturisers. Why green? Because it counter acts the colour red and neutralises it.
As I am not personally a big fun of the "cakey" look, I decided I will not go ahead and use tons of pore clogging and heavy green concelear on big areas of my face.
So I opted for the green make-up base option and decided to try one that has had very good reviews.

Well let me tell you I have very mixed feelings about it...
As it's a make-up base it also has moisturising prperties and I am REALLY happy with that side of it: skin stays smooth and not at all greasy for a very very long time and dries very quickly for you to carry on with you make-up applicaion.
It has a very very subtle smell which you only smell off the bottle when you squeeze it, you don't smell it AT ALL when applying it.
Because the bottle reads "make-up base", I thought it would basically mean "face primer"...boy was I wrong!!!! Assuming that I went ahead and applied it all over my face...only for it to turn me into a green mutant! Heeelp call the space police!!!
So I decided to try a different technique: apply ONLY on the red areas. It did actually turn down the redness quite a bit...however if I made the mistake of going 1 mm over non rosy skin, the green would show up IMMEDIATELY! Even after applying a nice layer of compact powder(I am not a big fan of foundation...) the green would still slightly show on non rosy skin, especially under natural light. I guess it's because there is no pigmentation at all there. Maybe it wors better in that sense on someone with fair skin but with no albinism...
Maybe the unwanted "green-ness" would disappear with some foundation over... I will let you know if I try that and what's the result.
Ciao for now.

Lil
xx

Facebook
Twitter

PS: I am fiddlying with the layout so please excuse if writing or photos or framse are a bit off or anything goes wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment