Monday, February 7, 2011

Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof mascara review



Aaaarrrggghhh one of my biggest pet peeves: false lashes in mascaras ads! (not to mention the dodgy photoshopping, even I could do a better job....)

Anyway...
As I have been sticking to my L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous for as close as about 4 years, I recently wanted to try something else.
Of course it had to be waterproof as my eyes are so sensitive they will water if you just look at me. I have LOADS of thick lashes all very close to one another so I also need something that will separate them WELL. I don't necessarily look for length as they are long enough and because my eyes are so in laid and hooded, they will always be touching my brow bone.
So after reading/seeing quite a few reviews I decided to go for this one.

Here's what I think of it:
I like the brush A LOT, I have to go right into the roots as they are so fair,but the brush is not too harsh on the inner lash line. Also it does lift the lashes A LOT, which helps for hooded eyes. I like that I can get right into both corners very easily. And it's VERY black! I have to say it's a lot lighter on the lashes than the L'Oreal one which tends to weight them down quite a bit.
It's probably my lashes fault but the brush will still clump 2 or 3 of them together making me look like I have about 10 or 15 mega thick lashes instead of showing the millions I actually have. I know that waterproof mascaras do tend to leave the panda eye effect even after removing, but the L'Oreal one doesn't actually, which is why I wasn't too impressed to wake up one day and thinking I had mega bags under my eyes....only to discover it was the Maybelline residue....meeeh.
Also I don't like the fact that after applying I still have to go in with a clean brush to remove all the excess product, especially at the ends of lashes(those with shorter lashes may actually be impressed by the lengthening effect).

I am considering doing an experiment: applying the L'Oreal Voluminous with the Maybelline Falsies brush(if it actually does fit in the tube) and see what happens.

If you have any more quessies, just drop me a comment.
Ciao

Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment