Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ELF nail polish in Mint Cream: swatches & review


€1.70/£1.50 on eyeslipsface.co.uk
$1.50 on eyeslipsface.com

I have to be honest, I have a 50/50 relationship with this polish.
This polish is from the new Spring collection, I also got another metallic purple one from the same, I'll be reviewing/swatching that soon.
Now, ELF I really like you, but you need to sort out your polish swatches, and I know I'm not the first one to notice that. Hell, I'd do it for free?!
The photo you see above is the one on the polish colours/selection page(I'm talking about the .co.uk website here). and THAT is what I based my choice on, it's got a very slight blue hue.
However, this
is the photo you get shown on the home page when you get presented when all the new 4 Spring colours.

And this is what it actually looks like, which is neither of the 2 above:





first 4 images without flash, in natural light outdoors, last 2 with flash indoors

This is 2 coats and let me tell you I did have to fight for those 2 coats! It is a nightmare to apply! The brush is yes short, but it's fat and floppy, picking up a lot of quite runny product, and it's REALLY hard to use as it's got a mind of its own. It takes well over an hour to dry and it doesn't have the smoothest of finishes. Also DON'T try the "under the cold water tap" trick, it'll ruin the application and look of it.
Having said that I REALLY like the colour even though I was expecting more of a China Glaze For Audrey kind of colour, it has a nice coverage with 2 coats and you get a ton of product for the little price.


*** without a top coat this lasted TEN days without chipping nor tip wear, and I do use my hands a lot, especially for house chores, washing the dishes etc
Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment